2018 Conference: Innovations in Special Education
November 16, 2018
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Innovations in Special Education, our 2018 Conference, will be a one-day event that provides professional development and dissemination of research to practice innovations. Professionals in special education and related fields are all invited to learn and connect with each other through discussion of key topics in our work. The conference foci include innovations informed by policy, teaching and learning, technology, and the arts.
Your conference registration includes continental breakfast, a seated lunch, and afternoon refreshments.
NEW! Volunteer & save $50 off the member or non-member rate. Volunteer commitments are for 3 hours!
Check out some highlights of the schedule:
- The keynote address, "Adaptive Design: Nurturing Individual Achievement and Social Evolution," will be delivered by Alex Truesdell. Learn to design cost-effective supports for students with disabilities to improve access using assistive tech and easily sourced materials. Truesdell is a 2015 MacArthur Genius Fellow and founder of NYC based Adaptive Design Association, Inc.
- The conference will include a presidential session featuring professional artist and autistic self-advocate John M. Williams who will deliver a talk entitled, "Exploring & Understanding the World: The Role of Art in My Life," along with an art exhibition and reception featuring his works. This session will focus on self-advocacy and authentic transition planning, using creative and innovative curricular connections.
- We're thrilled to welcome the LesleySTEAM Learning Lab team and colleagues for a MakerSpace Lab! Drop by between 12-3 and experience a playground of inclusive maker activities. Multiple stations will provide hands-on opportunities to explore a constellation of maker activities designed to support the diverse learning needs of all students, across multiple content areas and grade levels.
- Our seated lunch will include an awards ceremony for our inaugural MCEC awards! Please check out our MCEC Citizen of the Year Award and Professional of the Year Award pages and nominate a colleague today!
- See our full conference schedule below!
Registering with a PO? Questions? Email us! email@example.com
Copyright © 2020 Massachusetts Council for Exceptional Children | All Rights Reserved